Petäjävesi Old Church, located by a lake in a town of Petäjävesi, is an impressive example of northern wooden architecture. The church was built in 1763-65 by master builder Jaakko Klementinpoika Leppänen. Despite its long history, the church is preserved in a good condition and open for public. In summer, the church holds concerts. It is also a favorite place for wedding ceremonies. Petäjävesi Old Church was inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1994.
Address: Vanhankirkontie 9, 41900 Petäjävesi
Opening hours: 1.6. - 31.8. every day 10 - 18
Admission fees: adults - 6 €, students, schoolchildren and pensioners - 3,5 €